From the Booklet
Housekeeping Hints 137 ways to make housekeeping a breeze
1. A little basket with a handle make a fine cleaning basket to carry from room to room with brushes, cloths, cleansers, polishes, etc.
2. Rid rooms of stale tobacco smoke of sweeten air in closets like this: mix 2 tablespoons ammonia with a cup of water in a shallow bowl and let it stand in the room overnight.
3. Pick up small pieces of broken glass this way: pat them up with a wad of damp paper toweling or cotton or with wallpaper putty.
4. To erase fingermarks and soil spots from wallpaper, try rubbing it with soft chunks of white bread
5. Don't shake your dust mop out of the window if you love your neighbors--tie a big paper bag around the mop head and shake. Then throw bag and dust away.
6. Chill candles in the refrigerator 24 hours before using them on the table. They will burn evenly--and won't drip.
7. To hammer a nail in the wall when hanging pictures, avoid plaster chipping this way: put scotch tape over the spot before driving the nail in. Remove tape as soon as nailing is finished.
8. Don't force sticky drawers. Rub the sticking surface with a bar of soap.
9. To mend a torn window screen: cut out a piece of screen an inch of so larger all around than the hole. Strip down the edges until you have an inch or more of loose wires all around. Put the patch over the outside of the hole and weave the loose wires into the screen. Very inconspicuous if you do this carefully.
10. Soak neglected paint brushes in hot vinegar to renew them.
11. Air blankets often to minimize lint. Tumble them in your dryer with no heat on--or hang them outside on a breezy day.
12. If a dripping faucet is robbing you of sleep, tie a strip to it, long enough to reach the drain. Water will run down the string noiselessly until you have time to fix the faucet.
13. Drop clothes loosely in a plastic bag. Pour in 1/4 cup warm water to two pounds of clothes. Close bag and let stand for one hour. Clothes are evenly dampened for quick ironing
14. If your perfume is getting low in the bottle, here's a slick trick: drop in a few small glass beads. They'll keep the liquid level high and eliminate air space and reduce evaporation of your perfume.