BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 14, 2010

From Betty's Library


The Bombshell Manual of Style

By Laren Stover

Having a little trouble finding your inner sex kitten???? You are not alone; many of us put her away for a more practical way of life.  Even the author of this book was guilty of the same crime until a breathy pencil skirt, tight sweater wearing co-worker in 4 inch heels sauntered into a work meeting and inspired her to write this book. This book is in my opinion one of the best little pieces of inspiration to get your sex kitten out of the closet and back into circulation. Using bomshell veterans like Delores Del Rio, Dorothy Dandridge, Marylin Monroe and Sophia Loren as examples to name a few; Laren reminds us of the kind of purses a bomshell carries, her wardobe, her tantrums, the kind of perfume she wears (nothing that smells like a fruit cocktail or food product) how she enters or leaves a room is science, and many more delightful tidbits. When I feel my bombshell fading under the pressures of life, this is one of the books I pick up and read over and over and over again. You can find copies on amazon for a few dollars. Your inner bombshell will thank you for it!

3 comments:

  1. I got this book when I was in high school..totally describes me--well not completely like me, I don't usually throw tantrums-usually lol. I really loved the historical tidbits about the bombshells mentioned in the book. What a wonderful post to see for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this book is delish! I have thrown a tanturm (and a few dishes, lol) I love everything about this book!! One of my favorites books!! Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete